Last year’s New Year’s Resolution was to write a blog post every month. Even though I definitely wrote more than 12 blog posts last year, I didn’t do it every month. It’s March of the current year and this is my only post so far this year. Oops!
I’m currently trying to live a low carb, low sugar, healthier-choice lifestyle due to some health issues. I still crave something delicious every once in a while and I just needed to indulge today.
Here are my no sugar-added, low carb, gluten free, paleo muffins made with almond flour, bananas, and zucchini.
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar; I use Smucker’s Natural Crunchy PB)
- 1/2 tbsp EEVO
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels (look for paleo/gf)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease muffin tin.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mash bananas and mix in mixer on fast setting with peanut butter, EEVO, eggs, and vanilla until well blended and slightly frothy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, making sure not over mix.
- Fold in zucchini and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes, before removing to wire rack to finish cooling. Baking times may vary, depending on your oven.
- Enjoy! I would keep these stored in an airtight container on the counter for a couple of days, or place in refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition information based on MyFitnessPal:
- (Calories: 183, Carbs: 15.5g, Fat: 12g, Protein: 7.1g, Cholesterol: 15.5mg, Sodium: 46.4mg, Potassium: 201.2mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 7.4g)
After going to Wordcamp Miami with Richard over the weekend, I felt a sense of inspiration to learn more about how the internet works. Continue reading “Learning HTML”
My Bestie came to visit! Amanda is here and we are making some trouble.
Drinking all night, smoking it up, partying until the wee hours of the morning….
Ok, not really. But I’m really happy she’s here. Amanda is one of the few people in the world that I get along with completely. She’s one of the most genuine and honest people I know. In a town where everyone is pretty fake, she’s like a cool drink of ice water.
Both of us are trying to keep a close eye on our diet, so profuse drinking isn’t on the menu. Nor do either of us party. Not that Port St Lucie is exactly conducive to partying. I’m totally cool with that. After years of too much fun and way too many mistakes, it’s great to have a level-headed, relaxed week with one of my longest friends.
The last couple of months I’ve cut down on the number of days that I run from 3-4 to only 2 days. I increased my body weight exercises or did Popsugar Fitness Videos on Youtube 5-6 days a week. I’ve seen a change in how I look and I’ve lost 3 of the 6 pounds I gained over the holidays.
Richard and I agreed that getting a membership at a gym was fiscally possible, so I joined the LA Fitness in Port St Lucie West, but he had one stipulation; I had to meet with a personal trainer.
A war rages
An indefinable putrification
Of all we see and hear.
Flitter about as vicious hounds
Tear each other apart.
The mad politicians
Vomit up explanations and exclamations
Of factitious lie and illegitimate truths.
Bystanders are massacred
Children are eaten
The elderly are raped.
What will we see next?
What sounds to come?
How long before the rest of us drown in the blood?
Having babies made me fat. I wasn’t all that thin before I became pregnant, but I was severely overweight after Rylan was born. I gained more than 60 lbs while I was pregnant with Rylan; I was over 200 lbs when I walked into the hospital.
I’ve been a bit lazy about logging my workouts, but not lazy during them. I try to do weight training 2 to 3 times a week and run 2 to 3 times a week.
I enjoy making my own workouts, because I feel like I can focus on the specific muscle groups I think I need to improve upon, but sometimes I just don’t want to go through the trouble of thinking that hard before a workout. That’s what Youtube is for, right? I’ve found a couple of 30 Minute Workouts from Popsugar that have kicked my butt royally.