Last year’s New Year’s Resolution was to write a blog post every month. Even though I definitely wrote more than 12 blog posts last year, I didn’t do it every month. It’s March of the current year and this is my only post so far this year. Oops!
I’m currently trying to live a low carb, low sugar, healthier-choice lifestyle due to some health issues. I still crave something delicious every once in a while and I just needed to indulge today.
Here are my no sugar-added, low carb, gluten free, paleo muffins made with almond flour, bananas, and zucchini.
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar; I use Smucker’s Natural Crunchy PB)
- 1/2 tbsp EEVO
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels (look for paleo/gf)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease muffin tin.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mash bananas and mix in mixer on fast setting with peanut butter, EEVO, eggs, and vanilla until well blended and slightly frothy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, making sure not over mix.
- Fold in zucchini and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes, before removing to wire rack to finish cooling. Baking times may vary, depending on your oven.
- Enjoy! I would keep these stored in an airtight container on the counter for a couple of days, or place in refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition information based on MyFitnessPal:
- (Calories: 183, Carbs: 15.5g, Fat: 12g, Protein: 7.1g, Cholesterol: 15.5mg, Sodium: 46.4mg, Potassium: 201.2mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 7.4g)
After going to Wordcamp Miami with Richard over the weekend, I felt a sense of inspiration to learn more about how the internet works. Continue reading “Learning HTML”
The last couple of months I’ve cut down on the number of days that I run from 3-4 to only 2 days. I increased my body weight exercises or did Popsugar Fitness Videos on Youtube 5-6 days a week. I’ve seen a change in how I look and I’ve lost 3 of the 6 pounds I gained over the holidays.
Richard and I agreed that getting a membership at a gym was fiscally possible, so I joined the LA Fitness in Port St Lucie West, but he had one stipulation; I had to meet with a personal trainer.